Tropical Deception by David Myles Robinson

 


Tropical Deception by David Myles Robinson

Series:  A Pancho McMartin Legal Thriller #4 

Rating:★★★ 

Recommend: Yes


Goodreads Synopsis

With some $200 million sunk into a real estate development on Kauai, the investment partners have a lot to lose if attorney Peter Roosevelt succeeds in stopping the project for the sake of preserving Hawaii's environment. When Roosevelt is found dead in his home, a suspect is quickly arrested and becomes the latest, and possibly toughest, challenge for Honolulu's top criminal defense attorney, Pancho McMartin.

There is an abundance of suspicious characters for Pancho to focus on, but everyone but his client has an alibi. The suspense is high as Pancho is forced to go to trial without a good defense. He takes risks which don't pay off. His client is angry and threatens malpractice. Pancho is in an untenable position as time is running out.


Review

This book wasn’t for me but that isn’t because the book was bad. I loved the characters and the pacing was good.The writing was good too, it just I couldn’t get into the legal side of the book.Maybe if I started with book one then it might have turned out a little different for me.  I know plenty of people in my life that would love this book and I will be recommending this book to them. Pancho McMartin is a good strong character and I enjoyed that, along with the side characters. I do have to say if you need to escape to somewhere warmer then you really should pick up this book and if you love legal drama then really pick up this book. I also think fans for Hawaii Five-0 would love this book, both the old and new TV series. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mongrels by Stephen Graham Jones

Under the Whispering Door by T.J. Klune

Fallen by Linda Castillo