Devolution by Max Brooks

 



Devolution by Max Brooks

Series: N/A

Rating: ★★★★

Recommend: Yes


Goodreads Synopsis: As the ash and chaos from Mount Rainier's eruption swirled and finally settled, the story of the Greenloop massacre has passed unnoticed, unexamined . . . until now. But the journals of resident Kate Holland, recovered from the town's bloody wreckage, capture a tale too harrowing--and too earth-shattering in its implications--to be forgotten. In these pages, Max Brooks brings Kate's extraordinary account to light for the first time, faithfully reproducing her words alongside his own extensive investigations into the massacre and the legendary beasts behind it. Kate's is a tale of unexpected strength and resilience, of humanity's defiance in the face of a terrible predator's gaze, and inevitably, of savagery and death.

Yet it is also far more than that.

Because if what Kate Holland saw in those days is real, then we must accept the impossible. We must accept that the creature known as Bigfoot walks among us--and that it is a beast of terrible strength and ferocity. Part survival narrative, part bloody horror tale, part scientific journey into the boundaries between truth and fiction, this is a Bigfoot story as only Max Brooks could chronicle it--and like none you've ever read before.


Review:  First off I have to say that I am obsessed with anything bigfoot/Sasquatch, so I knew I would be picking the book up. Then add a found journal and like found footage films is another obsession of mine. I was already drawn in with bigfoot and found journal that I knew I would enjoy the book. This is the first Max Brooks’ book I have read and I will be picking up WWZ soon. Now what I liked about this book was the characters, there were ones you loved and ones you hated. I really got into the head of Kate the MC cause I felt like she could be me. The pacing of the book was at a good speed. The notes the author put in were great and it made me love the book even more. Though I just wish it was a little more scary and more bloody. I am getting my dad to read the book and can’t wait to talk about it with him along with our friend.  I don’t want to give out too much of the book, just know that it is a good book for those who love bigfoot.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mongrels by Stephen Graham Jones

Under the Whispering Door by T.J. Klune

Fallen by Linda Castillo