The Broken Girls Simone St. James

 

The Broken Girls Simone St. James

Series: NA

Rating:  ★★★★

Recommend: Yes

Review: It took me a couple of days to gather my thoughts about this book. It is shelved under thriller and horror but it is much more than that. It had me laughing and crying along with being scared. It deals with friendship and grief that I think about the book even better. I loved the two timelines and the 1950 timeline worked well with the 2014 timeline. I really felt what Fiona was going through with her sister’s death, cause I am going through something similar but with my cousin's death. The difference is that I wasn’t young when he was killed but seeing her go through the anger and grief hit me hard. The horror elements in the book with Mary Hand had me on the edge of my seat and I felt the fear the girls were feeling. I liked that it wasn’t the main focus of the story but it still added to it. I will be getting St.James other books and reading them very soon.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mongrels by Stephen Graham Jones

Under the Whispering Door by T.J. Klune

Fallen by Linda Castillo