Summer of Night by Dan Simmons


 It was creepy and uncomfortable and I absolutely loved it. I listened to the audio as I followed along in the physical book. The narrator did great with all the characters especially one of the side characters that was a drunk, he nailed it. Dan Simmons writing kept me hooked and it flowed really nicely without it being info dumpy. I do have to say there are some trigger warnings for animals deaths, you might have to look up other TW before reading the book. It was a good coming of age horror book and I would recommend it to anyone who loves horror and coming of age books. Well I will be recommending this book to all my friends and family. This reads like a stand alone book and you really don't have to read the others in this 'series' but from what others have said I would definitely read the others books. Which that is what I will be doing ASAP. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Under the Whispering Door by T.J. Klune

Fallen by Linda Castillo

Mongrels by Stephen Graham Jones